First Aid Certification
You’ve called 9-1-1. Now what?
When a co-worker, customer, athlete or child is injured, what will you do until the ambulance arrives? From the time an injury occurs to the arrival of medical help may be quite some time, especially if there is a backlog. Who in your workplace is designated to help? Who will take the responsibility to assist in the case of an emergency when minutes and seconds become precious?
Ronna “Jake” Ellwing, RN, BSN is an award-winning, certified instructor with more than 30 years’ experience in all aspects of patient care, especially with emergency care. “Jake” teaches people just like you to administer basic first aid to really make a difference in someone’s life. The teaching sessions are enjoyable, fun and friendly. At the same time, the certified first aid courses are filled with vital information of use in any setting.
This is just a sampling of the emergency skills you will learn in our certified first aid courses:
- Minor Surface Wounds
- Bleeding from Capillaries, Veins and Arteries
- Broken Bones, Including stabilizing Simple, Compound and Greenstick Fractures
- Dislocations and Sprains
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Thermal Burns and Scalds; First Degree, Second Degree and Third Degree
- Chemical, Alkaline and Spray Burns
- Electrical Shock and Electrical Burns
- Amputation and Penetrating Wounds
- Dehydration, Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Insect stings; Non-Allergic and Allergic
Are you or another member of your organization interested in becoming certified in First Aid? Please call Simple CPR Training for more information on our certified courses.